Graduation Day – Leave something behind!

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”  (Confucius)

| By Barbara Donnelly |

Graduation Day, Saturday May 21, 2016, will be one of the most memorable days of your life. It is a day of great joy and total chaos mixed together. You, your families and friends, trying to get to graduation on time. They will be reserving seats, taking a million pictures, and waiting to give you hugs and kisses. You will be separated from your families and friends, getting your caps and gowns on, and waiting for the moment when you line up, the music plays, and you walk the walk to receive that much deserved college diploma.

Something else happens on this very special day.  It is a day that graduates are asked to pick their student representative on the board of trustee at Warren County Community College.

The Board of Trustees is a group of elected individuals who establish the policies that govern all phases of our institution.   It is an important part of our community and college which promotes public education. The student who is chosen is a non-voting member of the Policy and Planning Committee for WCCC. As a former student of the college he/she is consulted for his/her opinion. “A student voice,” says Tyler Thurgood, a past representative.

As we bid farewell to our present representative, Gabrielle Brescia, graduating seniors will be given a few choices to elect the new representative.

Please take the time and give your choice thought so that WCCC has a great student from your class to represent us on this very prestigious board.

Happy graduation, enjoy your day. It is a milestone. You have earned it.

You may also like...